Sunday, January 9, 2011

Discern the rhetoric.

Congresswoman Giffords was shot on Saturday and before the 911 call was placed, people left of political center are pointing the finger at Sarah Palin for this tragedy.  Was the woman even in the lower 48 on Saturday. 

Some are saying her comments during the political season long ago (yes 3 months ago in the political world is an eternity) that the Tea Party needs to put people in the crosshairs for defeat and to "lock and load" is the cause of the madman's shooting spree in Arizona is ludicrous.  Its called political rhetoric people and if you aren't mature enough to handle it then maybe you shouldn't be voting. In fact maybe you shouldn't be leaving the house.  After all there is alot of nasty words being thrown about in society today that may cause you to take violent action against your fellow man.

The only thing wrong that Sarah Palin did in saying those words is that she didn't think that some people in this world are STOOPID enough to take those words literally.  Did any leftists howl when Obama said, "If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,"  at a rally in Phillie?  Or do people on the left really think that there is a difference?  Can they only decern political satire and tongue and cheek comments when it comes from one of their own?

I have listened to heavy metal music and not committed suicide.  I have listened to rap music and not busted a cap in some pigs ass, nor have I slapped any of my bitches.  I have listened to outlaw country and not thought about lynching, drinking and crying over my dead dog.  Why? Its entertainment.  Its an expression of metaphors, feelings and inner struggles.

I have watched every violent film one could possible imagine. 'I spit on your grave' did not cause me to rape. 'Hostel' did not cause me to torture someone for my own pleasure. 'Heat' and 'The Town' did not cause me to rob banks. 'Tombstone' did not cause me to have a shootout at the OK corral.  'Death Wish' did not cause me to take up a life as a vigilante. Why? Its entertainment and I can discern the difference between make-believe and reality.

I have read 'Mein Kampf' and not thought about killing Jews.  I have read 'Helter Skelter' and countless books on the whitehill chapel murders and not wrote any letters to the authorities signed 'Jack the Ripper' nor did I murder any starlets.  I have read books on Satanism and not sacrificed any children.  I have read books on Witchcraft and not casted any spells of ill will. Why?  Books are made to make the reader think for himself and draw his own conclusions about what the author is writing.

I grow weary of the blame game.  If people cannot handle these things in life then remove yourself from society.  No leftists I don't mean committing suicide.  I mean throw away your television, burn your books, destroy your CD collection, and disconnect your internet connection.  Sit in the center of an empty windowless white room and suck your thumb in the fetal position.  The rest of us will deal with life as it truly is, a cruel and unforgiving place, and yet still find a life to live and enjoy without having to blame others for our misfortunes.

Realizing I have yet again gone off on a tagent I have missed the one important thing I meant to write here.

I pray for congresswoman Giffords to fully recover, that those murdered move on to the next life peacefully and that the Gods see fit to give the shooter (I know his name but will not give him the satisfaction of it being added to history) the justice he so rightly deserves and swiftly at that. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree that Ms. Palin is not to blame for the actions of a person with mental illness - its ridiculous to say so. This incident is not politically motivated. Using the tragedy to push yourself into the media spotlight is shameful on both sides.

    However, Ms. Palin should be held responsible for her words- while I would like to think she is just stupid- I'm afraid (Seriously afraid) that her words are calculated and targeted with manipulation in mind. I do think she speaks with the intent to inflame and guide a 'sound byte' level of society.

    ReplyDelete